vent size for a 36" internal tuscan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vent size for a 36" internal tuscan?

Soon I will need to decide on the vent size for my 36" internal tuscan style oven? I will be making a brick transition from arched brickwork to my anchor plate and then a 6" stainless pipe. In my notes from this site eirlier I planned on a 15" by 4" opening. Cant remember were I got these numbers from. How important is this size. I see that if I measure this from the bottom of the vent the top of the vent will be much larger because of the slope of the arching bricks. Should I measure this 15x4 at the under side of vent opening or the top of it. I was hoping not to do any of the fancy cuts so sides of vent become verical, my sides of the vent opening will slope a bit so vent opening might be 2" or so bigger at top side than bottom. Any help here much apprectiated....wayne
    see below for my oven album of progress to date

http://picasaweb.google.com/wayneber...PizzaOvenWorld

Re: vent size for a 36" internal tuscan?

Wayne,
    I think the plans called for 10" X 6". If not, I did mine wrong. Wouldn't be the first time I messed up.
    George
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Wayne & George,

FB Plans say on page 40…”Depending on the type of chimney system…6”x10” for a refractory chimney flue…9 ½” for an 8” DuraTech Anchor Plate.”

Also on page 45…”Oven size 32”-36”, 6” internal chimney diameter, 40”+, 8” internal chimney diameter.”

Hope this helps.

Guerito

Comment

I am not finding in the plans the dimensions for the area I am trying to describe. Sizes in plans are refering to castable transition itself from the brick vent not the size of the brick vent opening itself. Not as far as I can tell anyway. I am hopeing there is a proven and idea number here for me. It seems like this size should be very important and I dont want to miss this. So far a have built my 36" internal to specs in plans but I seem to be missing this important mesurement for the brick vent archway opening........wayne
        see below for my oven album of progress to date

http://picasaweb.google.com/wayneber...PizzaOvenWorld

Comment

Wayne

The opening inthe brick arch needs to have more area than the area of your chimney. So do the math for what size chimney flue you will be using and then size for whatever it takes to make a smooth transition to a larger area that will fit your arch. I have found on mine that wider is better to make it an easy path for the smoke to go up.
          Wade Lively

Comment

Working...
          X