My work may Stink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My work may Stink

I was installing the third course and the arch vent area. Almost got done and broke for lunch.
    Getting ready to go back out and my better half said to look out the front window!!! ! This skunk was coming down our driveway!! Anyway that stopped the work for today. I wasn't going out to do anything.
    RCLake

"It's time to go Vertical"
    Oven Thread

Re: My work may Stink

No guts, no glory! Tomato juice will get rid of the smell, now get out there!
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

there was a song about that.

Dead skunk in the middle of the road
      dead skunk in the middle of the road
      dead skunk in the middle of the road
      and its stiknin' to high heaven.

forget the reset of the words
      tomato juice didn't work too well with our mutt.

we shaved her, she got mad, and a bit sun burned but she stayed away from them ever since.

It is really the young ones you need to worry about, they have hair triggers on their glands

Comment

I was thinking of that song as well. the critter came down our driveway in the middle of the day almost on its last legs. Hide under our rose bushes to stay away from the birds so that stopped my work. Next morning it was gone so I finished the 3rd course and my wife came out and asked what was that black thing down by the lake, you can see it in this picture.
        Scared the living daylights out of me. the birds starting coming and it moved - barely! So I had a friend put it down and later I buried it. Not the high point of my weekend.
        RCLake

Oven Thread

Comment

Whenever I see a darktime critter in daylight they are very sick. We here in NY have to be very careful of rabies. This moves through the skunk and racoon populations all too easily.

--mr.jim
          --mr.jim
          ---------------------------------------------------------------
          The real art of conversation is not only to say the correct thing at the right time, but also to leave
          unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

that is exactly what we were worried about.
            RCLake

Oven Thread

Comment

jengineer:

You got your dead cat and you got your dead dog, you got your dead rabbit and your dead toad frog (?)

...you got your dead rabbit and your dead racoon, the blood and the guts they're going to make you swoon....

(one of those rabbit lines is obviously wrong.... 35 years takes it's toll, huh?)

a true classic!
              GJBingham
              -----------------------------------
              Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Originally posted by jengineer View Post
                <snip> Tomato juice didn't work too well with our mutt. We shaved her, she got mad, and a bit sun burned but she stayed away from them ever since. <snip>
                This also happened to my neighbors dog. In additional to tomato juice not working so good, it tends to stain their skin.

Ever seen a PINK dalmatian?

J W

Comment

No but I can imagine that dog in Legally Blonde being Pink!
                  RCLake

Oven Thread

Comment

Sounds weird but the Humane Society folk that gave us our first dog recommended feminine douche for taking the skunk smell off the dog. She said "just remember I told you this" when we looked at her like she was from Mars. She was right. The acid (vinegar = acetic acid) killed the odor. I'm guessing it's the acid in tomato juice that is the active ingredient.

The good news is douche smells a lot better than TJ and doesn't stain. The bad news is you have to buy a bunch of it and look a grocery checker in the eye as you buy it.

Comment

Working...
                    X