Using the indispensable tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the indispensable tool

When using the indispensable tool, is the right angle on the end of the tool supposed to be adjustable to follow both top and inside surfaces of the brick or is it only to contact the brick on the top inside corner?

Another way to ask this is, is the tool supposed to only set diameter or does it also gauge the pitch of the brick (by following the slant of the brick)?

It will set your pitch and diameter as well. As long as your L bracket is square with your arm. You always want the brick seated in the L that way you know it will be round and at the right pitch.

Randy
    Attached Files

Comment

I think the angle is square with the rod or arm but I will double check. I set the pitch on my soldier course buy positioning the second course brick next to it with the dome cross section to gauge the proper angle or pitch.

now that I have the tool in place the angle doesn't fit the brick.(but the bricks still look good against the cross section of the dome) Can I bend the angle on the end of my tool to fit the brick and continue from there?

Comment

You can do the first row how it is and then on the next course correct to match the IT. Also make sure that the arm hits the angle bracket at the centerline of the brick, or that can throw things out of wack. Good luck

Randy

Comment

Working...
        X