Pass Along your IT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pass Along your IT

Anyone interested in sending your IT to me? i will pay for delivery, and any costs incurred, premiums or what have you. I have no welding skills/tools and am beginning my 42in corner build. I've read and read and cant figure this guy out.

thanks in advance!

Joe

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1597.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	353.4 KB
ID:	380629

Joe,

I have seen several non-weld ITs that have been built in the past few years. You just need to search a little on the Forum (although the search function is a little more difficult than the previous version). Here is one by Wozza no weld but there others out there,

http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...mpeii-in-bondi
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Joe, here are pics of mine. If after looking at it, which was made with just a few basic parts from the local hardware store, and you still can't figure it out, I'll send it to you if you want it. I actually have two and never even used one of them.
      George

See my build thread here.

See my build album here.

Comment

thanks Russell, thanks George.

Does the height of the base of the IT off the floor matter? do you raise it with each course? George, one of your pictures in your build look as if it were elevated. Very nice build looks great. how are you going to finish it around the oven?

Comment

Joe, thanks for the kind words. I set the height of the IT to be at the centerpoint of the sphere. I elevated my oven by 2 courses above the floor level of bricks set flat, so it was 5" off the floor before the first course that I started curving. It does't change once you set it and that is what keeps the radius of the oven consistent as you build toward the top.
          George

See my build album here.

Comment

Originally posted by joeykramer View Post
            thanks Russell, thanks George.

Does the height of the base of the IT off the floor matter? do you raise it with each course? George, one of your pictures in your build look as if it were elevated. Very nice build looks great. how are you going to finish it around the oven?

Try to keep the pivot as close to the floor as possible, or you will end up with a higher dome. Check out my dome calculator spreadsheet, it shows the impact of pivot height.

But as others have said, IT's are easy to build and you don't need to weld. A hinge, a piece of wood, and an "L" bracket are all you need. Just make sure your IT arm hits at the middle, NOT the top, of the brick. That keeps everything in alignment.
            My build progress
            My WFO Journal on Facebook
            My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep the stucco finish on the top as the latest pics show. I'll put stone veneer around the base. That will be next year. I'll put the chimney on and that will be it.
              George

See my build album here.

Comment

I wanted to increase the volume of my oven without increasing the base diameter, but obviously you can't do too much. Plus, I wanted a higher door opening but also wanted to maintain the 64% of the dome height. We'll see how it turns out. My door might be too big, but some of the guys said not to worry about it.
                George

See my build album here.

Comment

great thanks all!!! i think it finally clicked.

Comment

Working...
                  X