Amazon Kindle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Kindle

Would anyone be interested in FB trying to convert the Pompeii Oven eBook to the Amazon Kindle format?

Amazon.com: Kindle: Amazon's New Wireless Reading Device: Kindle Store

There's a fun image. A cute little white Kindle all covered with mortar.

What do you think? Would anybody be interested?
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Amazon Kindle

Nope! I love my books where I can see them on the shelf. I can loan them to friends, hold them in my hands and feel substance. I hate cell phones, Ipods, and similar technologies, but put up with the unavoidable required hardware necessary to function in the world today.
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Personally I am not interested....I have even problems reading on my laptop (age!)...I prefer paper that I can bring on the work place and see, check write....Carlo
      Ciao Carlo

Cost spreadsheet updated 4/22/08

Pictures updated 5/28/08

Comment

James - here is an option I've just started to see. It's pretty cool on the way you turn the pages and the quick links to sections. One click to zoom in and out - works well for old eyes. I personally wouldn't spend the $400 for a Kindle.

This link is to one of the trade rags I receive that uses it.

Les...

Printed Circuit Design & Fab - April 2008
        Last edited by Les; 04-04-2008, 02:27 PM. Reason: Added zoom feature
        Check out my pictures here:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

I have to admit that I am thinking of the Kindle more as distribution channel (marketing strategy) than as a practical way of delivering the plans to a builder. Hence my joke about a mortar covered Kindle on the work site. :-) Can you use one with work gloves on? Hah, hah.

Do you think a Kindle owner would be looking around for cool Kindle stuff, and find the Pompeii Oven eBook?
          James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Geeeeeeeeeez, do I feel old and out of touch (I'm only 45). I had NO clue what this was about into I clicked on the link. I'm not surprised, just never seen or heard or these.
            I must agree with George (again) and biondoli - give me my reading materials in paper form.
            George, I think we must have the same daddy....I would not own a cell phone if my job didn't require it, ipod - never. PDA/smart phone - what a nuisance.....text messaging should be punishable by death (not really, but I do despise it)

RT

Comment

RT...I hate cell phones, have never texted and never used a pager

....but the IPOD is great.....load a few thousand of your favorite songs, hit shuffle and it will play for a month!

No more vinly, 8track, cassetts, discs, disc cases....just something the size of your wallet.
              sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Can I join? I don't have a cell phone either. Or an Ipod.

Is this maybe some shared trate of WFO builders? "People who do not like modern thechnology are more likely to build brick ovens" - that kind of thing .

...only obviously a computer is a vital component of building one, so maybe I'm wrong.
                "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Working...
                X