Clear All

• 39" in Oldsmar Fl. Corner Build

Comment

Comment

Great setting for a pool/pizza party! Nice work so far
        My build thread
        https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Thanks. I've gone back and forth on tying the inner and outer arch together for stability (Florida hurricans) and leaving a small gap for a heat break

Comment

That's a design consideration most of us don't have to deal with. Are you planning an igloo or an enclosure? If an enclosure it probably does not matter as much as the vent arch would be protected and external support could be provided without messing up the look.
            My vent arch is essentially free standing, as it is not connected to my oven. If I were worried about the big winds I would probably try to fit an outer storm door to keep from getting internal gust loads. The arch is probably much better at taking external loads than internal ones. What are your plans for keeping water off the oven?
            My build thread
            https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

water will be another problem as i need to keep a low profile so a house enclosure is out of the question. I'll try to water proof the igloo and leave a vent cap for steam to escape when moisture does get it. And your right a storm door is a must have. I never thought about the wind damage from the inside out but definitely for horizontal driving rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Jyorger View Post
                Thanks. I've gone back and forth on tying the inner and outer arch together for stability (Florida hurricans) and leaving a small gap for a heat break
                I think you would have to build the outer arch pretty poorly to have it be susceptible to hurricane damage due to a heat break. It's a small brick structure. Not exactly a mobile home.
                My build progress
                My WFO Journal on Facebook
                My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

True, i tend to worry about everything a little to much. mostly because i have no idea what i'm doing so i don't know what is acceptable and what is over kill.

Comment

Based on the pictures of your work so far, you have nothing to worry about! Be a bigger issue if you were in earthquake country, but then the whole dome could collapse anyway - so why worry!
                    My build progress
                    My WFO Journal on Facebook
                    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

When people use decrative red brick to go around the chimney does the back side of it rest on the fire brick arch?

Comment

Working...
                      X