A Land Downunder 39" or 100cm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Land Downunder 39" or 100cm

Finally the rain is easing the trees have blossom and the WFO down under gets a fresh start. I have decided to build on what is my Wood Storage area. This is part of an Outdoor Fireplace set up. The said Pizza
    Oven will be 1 metre in diameter.....would have been nice to build something bigger, alas I have room constraints.
    Some time has passed since I started pouring the oven base. However finally the time has come the walrus said, to remove the timber from the last pour of Pearlcrete. Happening hopefully this week.
    Dave

Congrats on starting! Unless you're wanting to host some large parties and cook many pizzas within a short period of time, your 39" will do just fine. I've got a 33 and have hosted 40-50+ people several times and have no problem keeping everyone fed.
    George

See my build thread here.

See my build album here.

Comment

George perfect reply mate. However every time I mention WFO it seems the reply is " Oh, my brother in law has one or my uncle has one" The guy who delivered the firebricks says to me "We have been here before" it seems that he delivered the firebricks for the fireplace some 6 or 7 years ago.
      BTW thanks for positive thoughts.
      Dave

Comment

I can do 3-4 pizzas at a time and if you start and keep hot and have help, then it works great. The key with parties is moving away from everyone needing an individual pizza and just keeping enough pizza out so that people can pick away at it a few pieces at a time. Get pics up and keep posting and you'll get a lot of much needed help along the way.
        George

See my build thread here.

See my build album here.

Comment

Hey Dave, mine's a 39 and I am very happy with the size. We did 4 large chickens the other day and still had plenty of room if we needed it. Could probably have gone a little smaller, but 39 seemed to be a good compromise, and that size seemed to work out well for the door size and building the arches.
          Let us all know if/when you need any help or have any questions.
          My build thread
          https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Comment

Fireplace and Wood Storage are constructed with Hebel........quite a lot of discussion on this place re Hebel. So decided after much scratching of head to reinforce the base with more Hebel and concrete.

Comment

Oh dear spent almost an hour and a half trying to find the right bolt to fix my Brick/Tile Saw to its base. All good now. But the technique all acquired it seems so easily by the folk on here, still awaits.

Comment

The floor is done. Looks like I might have a 39.5 inch or in the new money 1.01m. All the guys gone before me I see now so clearly what you plan for doesn't always occur. Don't worry about the mortar mix for instance. It will probably never be too wet. Why? Because the bricks suck out the water so quickly. I found using a spray bottle on every brick worthwhile. Yes I know I could soak them. But this is just another step probably not needed.
                  Great to get the oven started and off the base at last, after so much research. And thanks from me to all those that came before and provided so much help in their own builds.
                  Dave

Comment

Thought i better post up the progress. The pizza has been coming out of the oven for a few months now. The stone on the chimney is complete also. I must put up some photos.

Comment

Ok here we go. Im probably more proud of my "Dry Stone Chimney" than the Pizza Oven.

Comment

Beautiful work!!
                        https://picasaweb.google.com/1029081...00165373509921

Comment

Hey nice work Damer419. Particularly the food photos.

Comment

Working...
                          X