Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not much here in the way of guidance for smaller ovens (28inch internal or less)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JRPizza
    replied
    Welcome to the forum! I was typing up a response that was essentially what Joe posted above but he beat me to it
    Several builders have either poured or added a protrusion to their hearth to accommodate the vent landing. Let us see what you are working with in terms of surrounding structure and what you have built so far and we might be able to provide some ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied
    Xizenta,

I take it that you haven't poured the concrete hearth on top of the stand. If not, you may be able to gain a lot more real estate than you may realize by cantilevering the hearth slab. As Russell said, David S. is definately the go to guy for an oven that size in cast. However, you may need a little more real estate to work with (at least for the entry) since you are planning to go with brick. Also, some pics of what you have to work with would help.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    David S is the forum's small oven king, I believe his oven is abt 26" but cast. I suggest you private message him about specifics. He has a lot of post on the forum so get hold of him.

Leave a comment:

• Not much here in the way of guidance for smaller ovens (28inch internal or less)

Can anyone link me to other projects around this size or smaller? I have a 47 by 47" concrete block stand already built. I can possibly build the hearth to extend over the edge of the blocks by 2 inches on each side.

We are doing a corner installation and I am having a lot of trouble figuring out how to design the Arch / entry and chimney with bricks without taking too much real estate away from my dome. In general the size of the firebricks makes it very difficult to create an arch and opening. I would like to leave at least 28 inches of internal space for the oven, so that means I have about 8 or 9 inches on a corner installation for an entry and chimney.

Anyone with samples to other builds on 47 by 47 concrete block stands would be very appreciated.
Working...
X