• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some pics of progress.

Comment

Some interior shots

Comment

The dome closed and gaps filled with mortar...

Comment

Just starting to work out my vent arch and flue fitting etc. I run out of space a bit on the slab and have had to install the frame for final bench top before i can continue.
          I used an angle to catch the front right corner of the vent arch,

Comment

Over the weekend I finished the vent arch and added the flue transition to add the flue plate i still need to get fabricated.
            I am aiming to cook in the oven in two weeks so pushed on and installed the blanket and started on the perlite cement layer (such difficult stuff to use - i finally had success applying when i used a patting action).
            i lit a piece of newspaper in celebration.

A few questions -

I only ended up with one layer min of blanket and currently about 25mm of perlcrete. I will add another min 25 mm layer of perlcrete this week. Do i have enough insulation once i have this? I think i may need min 75mm of perlicrete, but any one think i could stop at 50mm?

Drying times and curing. i finished the dome over a month or so and it has been completed for a few weeks prior to adding the vent arch and insulation blanket and pcrete.
            When could i start curing fires?

Cheers
            Tom

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X