X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pompeii metric planes

Hi
    Where can I find a Pompeii metric planes

Welcome Donovich! The plans available through Forno Bravo are inexpensive and--although mostly in feet and inches--have plenty of metric dimensions included. I think the best thing to do is to look first at the thread https://community.fornobravo.com/for...n-the-archives and look at some of those builds. They are really helpful and all have a lot of pictures which will help you visualize the building process and area size needed for what you want to create.

Many of these builds detail their sizes using centimeters and millimeters. Unfortunately, no matter how hard you try to avoid it, you will most likely have to do some conversions. Lots of online calculators available and you can pretty quickly get comfortable converting if you don't stress about being really exact. Remember that if you build an oven, you'll be working with bricks. With a couple of bricks, a piece of cardboard (optional, but handy), and a pencil, you can lay out a pretty good model for the base in the area you'd like to build.

Most of us put the cooking floor height at elbow level from where we stand...again, don't even need "actual" measurements for that. So figuring out how to create a base that will get you to a workable height becomes more of a "what materials do you have available that will fit into the area you plan to build" question.

I hope this helps a little...I have not seen any plans strictly done in the metric system, I'm sure they are out there somewhere but not having them shouldn't stop you from a successful build! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
    Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
    Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
    Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
    Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
    X