X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atak
    replied
    Thanks for the reply Mike,
    I will do that, just for sure. The ring will run around and on the whole wall including the door and that will give me a door of 9 inch. Is that to low? For pizza's it is fine I think.
    In the video it is also good to see how to put on the mortar and that they don't cut any bricks.
    Greetings, Ad

Leave a comment:

• SableSprings
    replied
    Ad, Interesting video--thanks for inserting the link. The flatter dome of the Neopolitan style oven normally requires some form of outer buttress since the weight of the dome pushes down and outward on the lower wall bricks. The steel band used in the construction of the Gianni Acunto oven contains the outward thrust of the dome...essentially becoming an internal buttress. In addition for their oven, the outside space (between the oven side walls and the metal wall shield) contains the insulating cement mixture which acts as a backup/supplemental buttressing that surrounds and limits the outward expansion of the oven side walls (not to mention the metal outer shell).

If you decide to do the dome cap with a metal ring, I would still make sure that you have additional containment around the side walls of brick. It could be an additional steel band or an insulating cement mix...but I wouldn't trust just the cap ring as my only buttress for the oven. I personally feel that your original idea of using the bands of steel on the outside walls (as Larry P did) is still the easiest way to go, but combining the two ideas (the internal dome ring and the outside bands) would be the best...especially if your neighbor likes pizza

Leave a comment:

• atak
    replied
    my first intention was to make 2 bands around the wall for strength, but seeing this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM9zteuE8UA at 17 seconds you see a welded steel wheel where they put the bricks on. My neighbour has a metal construction business and he can make one of those for me from 2" steel. I suppose I don't need bands around the wall any more and don't need to cut a lot of stones.
    Is this a good idea?

Cheers, Ad
    Last edited by atak; 08-24-2017, 05:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• atak
    replied
    I started with cutting the bricks in halve to get some feel about it.
    The machine can I borrow from a friend of mine but is heavy.
    It is a durty job but someone has to do it.
    https://goo.gl/photos/W1Xt4a7wGF4j1rVr7
    Ad
    Last edited by atak; 08-20-2017, 08:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• atak
    started a topic Low dome build

Low dome build

Gentleman and woman,
    I decided to make a low dome like this https://community.fornobravo.com/for...rmore-ca/page2
    I want to make is like photo 1 and use the metal band from 2 mm thick like photo 2. I want to use 2 bands like larry p . Can I expect any problems? Can I build on top of the floor or is it better next to it like Larry?
    They say it makes better pizzas in a lower dome.

Thanks, Ad.
Working...
X