No announcement yet.

Another WFO in the UK - 42" Pompeii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More diagonal braces cut and test fitted, looking good! Also just to show that i marked through the peg holes then drilled the tenons offset so that when the pegs get tapped in, it pulls the joint tighter together

Comment

• Side frames fitting good! I made a little template of the tenon so i knew where i needed to tweak the joint for it to fit to save me test fitting it so many times

Comment

• Front and back timbers getting their joints cut

Comment

• Your timber work is as nice as your oven work.
          Russell
          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• Test fit looking good, now for pegs and glue

Comment

• More test fit pics and then a drill for a peg in the top to secure each joint end. And the glue up starts

Comment

• Pegging away

Comment

• More pegs and then making a start trimming the excess pegs off using a piece of wood as a spacer

Comment

• And finishing up the trimming, then making a start treating it

Comment

• And more painting

Comment

• Picked up some material for king posts and ridge beam and started work on them

Comment

• More work and a test fit, looking like its going to be a nice tight fit

Comment

• It fit lovely! I didnt check it for square until it was all pegged in, but once all pegs were tapped home, it was absolutely square in all directions!

Comment

• Scraped the glue off when it was set and moved onto making trims to cover the floor braces

Comment

• A finished shot of it ready for the roof, bought some roofing timbers and coated them before they went up, also picked up some reclaimed slates for the roof!

Comment

Working...
                                X