• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slowly Slowly! Progress at this point is slowwww

Comment

But looks good.........
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
        But looks good.........
        Thanks Russell, I must say i am pleased with how tight ive managed to get the joins making the inside nice and neat, a few more here finishing what is hopefully the third last ring!

Comment

So im on the final ring before the keystone, i wanted to have a single keystone so i scratched my head for a while figuring out how to achieve it when i was so close to closing in, i managed to come up with a bunch of strange shaped bricks which should leave me with a tiny square keystone, i shaved the lower parts of the bricks to follow the curve a little better and they fitted in quite nicely! also i knocked together a make shift platform to allow me to get inside the dome to clean up the bricks, Still using my Indispensable tool!

Comment

Nicely done with the geometry, I'm really interested to see how it looks from the inside one you're done with the dome, really clean work so far!

Comment

Originally posted by bentedesco View Post
              Nicely done with the geometry, I'm really interested to see how it looks from the inside one you're done with the dome, really clean work so far!
              Thanks! I am really pleased with how tidy ive managed to keep the brickwork so far, spent too many hours on it to rush the last bit so hopefully the patients pays off! I should be able to finish the dome tomorrow so expect updates with interior pics soon!

Comment

Well i have finally topped the dome off! Such a great feeling putting that last piece in!

Comment

Loving how perfectly spherical it looks all finished! The jigsaw base came out great too and a little hoover off to get up the loose bits and its all done inside!

Comment

And some pics of the finished keystone from the inside, im really happy with how its turned out, it certainly isnt perfect as those last few pieces just needed tapped in and hope for the best as there isnt any control to where you tap, so some went in a little squint but overall it looks fine! That keystone took a good hammer to get in

Comment

Nice job closing out the oven - really like how your pattern came out!
                      My build thread
                      https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Wow, that's... Beautiful. You put on a clinic when it comes to clean brick work! The 2nd to last course with the alternating skinny/fat bricks looks amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by bentedesco View Post
                          Wow, that's... Beautiful. You put on a clinic when it comes to clean brick work! The 2nd to last course with the alternating skinny/fat bricks looks amazing!
                          Hey, thanks so much!

Comment

Well finally it seems winter is over for us and i can continue the oven. Nothing had happened since November until a few weeks back i managed to pick up another 250 reclaimed bricks which i spent ages cleaning up! finally got them all cleaned up along with the previous batch i had and ordered some sand and cement ready to start laying them. I Also managed to pick up 2 slabs of granite which im hoping to use for my landing, this should be OK shouldn't it if i am having an isolated front arch and chimney?

Comment

So yesterday was the first nice day here this year so i took advantage and spent the day getting my head around the brickwork, I started by cutting a bunch of half bricks as i knew they would come in handy, then laid out my bricks dry before going back and mortaring them. I love the look of the reclaimed bricks with the whites and blacks mixed in. Im surprised i managed to get so many bricks laid as ive not really laid any bricks before (except the dome) but im really pleased with the overall look

Comment

Nice start on the decorative brick work. I am sure it will be as nice as the dome brick work you did.
                                Russell
                                Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Working...
                                X