insulating oven dome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insulating oven dome

Hello all, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all...several of the posts. My question is about insulating the dome and have not been able to find a clear answer. I have just finished wrapping my oven with 3 inches of fire blanket from FB and chicken wire. Do i need to add another 3 inches of perlite and cement to the fire blanket? Or can I start to stuco the insulated dome? The floor has 4 inches of perlite and cement and 2 inches of fire board under the fire brick. Thank you for any advice.

Hi Eer,

Welcome to the forum. It's really all up to you. The 3" of blanket is sufficient insulation. You can render stucco directly over the blanket. Unless you were very careful with installing the blanket insulation, you may notice that some parts of the dome insulation layer are thicker than others. Some of us have added a layer of vermicrete or perlcrete over the blanket to bring the dome back to shape.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thank you for the advice! It's been fun building it.

Comment

Working...
      X