Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modified9v
    replied
    Yeah, I lost some posts too... just wanted to shout out how beautiful your oven and patio area came out and thank you for the help on my oven. Today we are gonna bust out 10 pizzas for close friends. I hope you keep us updated with pics of the seating area.

Thanks, Mikie V.

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    Now that the enclosure and the entire project is pretty much wrapped up and I have a little stone left over and corners the boss wants a stone bar made so we have more seating. I first was like no way I'M DONE then I was like well it would look nice then I was again like what am I nuts. Needless to say I have been drawing up plans and ideas. I was thinking if it was a good idea of building this on top of my paver patio or pull up the patio in that area and dig for a concrete pad. I have had mixed reviews on this as the patio base should be good enough for the weight I'm putting on it because my patio was made with a base strong enough to do a driveway. The other part of me is ls saying to pull the patio pavers up and dig for a stone base and concrete pad for under the bar walls. So torn on what I want to do. I will take any suggestions.

Thanks in Advance

Ricky

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    Just incase anyone want to see the finished product again here you go..Thanks again to everyone for all the help I received with questions I had on my build.

Ricky

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    Yup i lost like 10 posts from my account just looked..

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    Anybody else having a problem clicking the home screen on page to see the latest posts? I tried 3 different devices a cell phone, a kindle fire, and my laptop all say the same thing. Now I just went on and the home screen works but it looks like we lost posts.....Did this happen or not?

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    I was able to continue working on the stone. Doing a Dry stack looks so much better than having a mortar joint but sure takes a ton of time. I have the whole front and whole back 100% done. Hopefully I can finish the 2 upper sides tomorrow. Happy I was finally able to set my custom engraved stone.

Ricky
    Last edited by Chach; 05-09-2020, 06:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    Finally some nice weather no rain. I was avle to make some progress on finishing up this project. Stone work is going up faster than ever. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel

Ricky

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    I will have to take a look at that. It is all so confusing and complicated for such a small simple thing. It should not be this hard.

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    Yeah the guy was saying that the patio and slab would be separate from one another and that he has worked many times with a guy that builds outdoor fireplaces and the weight is about the same. So i am tempted to go with what he is saying as it sounds correct. He also has a awesome rating in all his reviews. As you know it is hard to find a contractor that has that. Also with having the patio dyed it would be nice to have the color the same so it doesn't look funky. I just don't want to have to do this over again so trying to do it right the first time.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    Originally posted by RandyJ View Post
    I hear you there. I normally like to over support things. I am sad i an no longer at the paper mill as we had lots of scraps of SS strut and that would be awesome as you would never have to worry about it rotting away.

As a side note i ordered the concrete and block for my base. But one of the patio guys i had come over said he would poor me a 8" slab with 5 peir supports and rebar in matching color to the patio for 200$ not sure i can pass that up. But would not happen till close to june unfortunately but would look more cohesive.

I also finished grouting my shower in our Master bathroom and milled the window jam extension and got them all installed and stained and polyurethaned and the trim on. Finally getting close to done. Now once everything opens up again I just need to get the wife to agree on a counter top for the vanity and that can be done. I hope you are keeping busy and safe.

Randy
    See this on some responses I received on the sono tubes https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ion#post403695

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    I hear you there. I normally like to over support things. I am sad i an no longer at the paper mill as we had lots of scraps of SS strut and that would be awesome as you would never have to worry about it rotting away.

As a side note i ordered the concrete and block for my base. But one of the patio guys i had come over said he would poor me a 8" slab with 5 peir supports and rebar in matching color to the patio for 200$ not sure i can pass that up. But would not happen till close to june unfortunately but would look more cohesive.

I also finished grouting my shower in our Master bathroom and milled the window jam extension and got them all installed and stained and polyurethaned and the trim on. Finally getting close to done. Now once everything opens up again I just need to get the wife to agree on a counter top for the vanity and that can be done. I hope you are keeping busy and safe.

Randy
    SS Strut would be great but good thing is the struts only really needed until I stone it and the sill gets supported underneath. There was a few posts about pier construction with a slab on it..there were some cons on the piers and the slab moving differently during freeze thaw. I know I wanted to do this as well but aborted it. I think it would work though. Glad your finishing all these projects. Im getting many things done myself.

Ricky

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied

Randy

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    I like the limestone arch. It looks very nice. What do you have going on with the strut and angle brackets. That seems like something i might do. Does it anchor the bottom to the oven? I can't wait to see the finished product.

Randy
    Thanks Randy...The strut is to hold the sill in place until I stone up to it and then it will have something more solid to sit on. I'll leave the strut in there and hollow the stone out around it then I'll have double support. I did the same thing on the fireplace to support the thin pieces of limestone. I would have just used L brackets but I didnt want to anchor in the firebrick so I put a 1/4" drop in anchor in the hearth slab. You know us way overkill for support. LOL

Ricky

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    I like the limestone arch. It looks very nice. What do you have going on with the strut and angle brackets. That seems like something i might do. Does it anchor the bottom to the oven? I can't wait to see the finished product.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    Originally posted by JRPizza View Post
    Fancy Indeed! Funny- I clicked on the first pic and thought "Oh, Chach has a legend inscribed on his oven". Then I read "Wonderboard lite"
    Hahaha that's too funny. Funny enough I did have a blue stone sand blasted with a logo and some words that I'll be setting in with the stone when I install it. A guy in my area does some nice work and even paints and seals the piece. I'll take pictures of that when I install it.

Ricky

Leave a comment:

Working...
X