Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GreenViews View Post
    Ricky,
    I see you used limestone at the very edge of your oven opening. Are you happy with that? I found buried pieces of marble and limestone in my property that I'm considering incorporating in the build, so was considering limestone at the edge like you did with a marble second next followed by firebrick further in where it will get hotter. Thoughts? I can only hope my outer build will look half as good as yours turned out! You helped me decide I definitely need to run power for lights in front or maybe from the awnings and outlets on the side of my oven facing my workspace table! I'm also considering a limestone mantle above outer opening, but I'll post further design thoughts on my build page, I was just wondering about your thoughts on limestone at oven opening since you did that.
    Tom
    yes I'm very happy with the Limestone. You can never have too many light or outlets I always say. I think that's a must.
    My Build Pictures
    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

• Originally posted by fhausback View Post
      That’s a great looking kitchen. I love the limestone detail around your entry.
      Thank You I really wanted to do something that made the entry pop and I hoped I achieved that.
      My Build Pictures

Comment

• Hey Ricky, i like the look of that tuskin grill. Where did you order it from? I have a cast iron one currently and it works nicely but cleaning it is a pain sometimes. Are you doing any mor projects on your patio and outdoor kitchen?

I just got started on a new deck a week ago. I was going to havr a patio poured but the price tage was going to be twice as much as me building a deck so that solved that problem. 7k for a composite deck is much more palatable than 15k for a patio. I will do a smaller patio at a later date for a eventual pizza oven.

Randy

Comment

• Originally posted by RandyJ View Post
          Hey Ricky, i like the look of that tuskin grill. Where did you order it from? I have a cast iron one currently and it works nicely but cleaning it is a pain sometimes. Are you doing any mor projects on your patio and outdoor kitchen?

I just got started on a new deck a week ago. I was going to havr a patio poured but the price tage was going to be twice as much as me building a deck so that solved that problem. 7k for a composite deck is much more palatable than 15k for a patio. I will do a smaller patio at a later date for a eventual pizza oven.

Randy
          Nice to hear from you Randy. I just recently went back to work a few weeks ago so I had a good 10 week sabbatical and was able to accomplish a ton at the house. The deck is look good my friend and I'm looking forward to seeing you start the new oven.

The place I used for the tuscan grill was called the burn shop http://theburnshopwf.com . Their site doesn't say stainless but they do it and you just need to tell them thats what you want. They do cast iron, and carbon steel as well but I did not want to mess with those 2 metals and deel with eventually rusting and constant oiling so that's why I went the stainless route...my gas grill has stainless grates so i said that's what im going to get. I think I'm done for now just need to do a few metal bends on a break for my chimney and that's it and i plan on doing that soon. My wife wants an outdoor bar but I been putting that off for now but should be a rather quick build. Other than that I just want to start enjoying everything.

Ricky
          My Build Pictures

Comment

• Glad to hear that you are back to work. I keep hoping things will break loose up here and work will start again . But i just keep plugging away at projects at home. Once the deck is done i need to quickly lay some sod so the yard looks like a yard again instead of a mud pit for my 6yr old to play in.

Once i get around to the oven i might need to look into a grill from them. Sure would be nice to not have to oil it all the time.

Comment

Working...
            X