42" Pompeii in Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 42" Pompeii in Arizona

I'm posting my build after completion rather than as I go. I started my oven in Sep 2019 and finished in the first week of Feb 2020.

My story can be found here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Thanks again for all those that contributed to the forums and to Forno Bravo for the plans! I couldn't have done it without all your help!

John - that looks fantastic. Very well done! Great write-up too.

Comment

Very nice write up you did a great job. Let us know how it goes to do pizza in the summer. I know my old oven produced like a concentrated beam of heat. It is awesome in the winter but could be a bit much in the summer.

Comment

@RandyJ... Maybe I'll get one of these to cook pizzas in the summer. Over the weekend it was only 85 F outside and I was roasting while cooking the pizza. You're right on about that concentrated beam of heat.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	heat_suit.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	420724

Comment

I just use a longer peel and drink colder beer
          Last edited by Gulf; 04-06-2020, 01:24 PM.
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

We don't have air conditioning, so when it is 80F+ outside I'd rather be making pizza in front of a hot WFO than running my oven in the kitchen!
            My build thread
            https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Being able to cook things outside instead of firing up the electric oven (inside) in the summer (with no house A.C.) was a major selling point for my wife in agreeing to let me build a WFO...just sayin' ...and Joe, you're absolutely right! A longer peel and colder beer works wonders...even when it isn't hot outside...

Great job John!
              Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
              Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
              Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
              Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by fej View Post
                @RandyJ... Maybe I'll get one of these to cook pizzas in the summer. Over the weekend it was only 85 F outside and I was roasting while cooking the pizza. You're right on about that concentrated beam of heat.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	heat_suit.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	420724

Yes tht funniest thing was when my young son wanted to look in the oven to see the fire and from 8' back he would cover his face and want down immediately. A few times i really cranked up the temp to cook some steaks. It got so hot that i almost couldn't get close enough to flip the steak with a long oven mit on and long grill tools. It was painful. The oven was in the 13-1400F range just wicked hot. It was a blast cooking steaks that fast. It is just totally different from on the grill at 500F. Yes the heat suite could be nice at times but unless it has either a ice pack built in or cooled underwear you will fry in no time anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X