Worried about my oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about my oven

Hello everyone, I have just closed my dome but the latest round of bricks did not come out very well... This is a photo of the inside of the dome, at the top.
    do you think is acceptable ?

While it may not be the prettiest key stone of all time it should still hold fine. You won't really be able to see it fo the most part unless you are looking for it. I think that you would do far more damage than good if you tried to change things.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, a little less worried now.
      I just hope I will not get any mortar on my pizza

Comment

Originally posted by RandyJ View Post
        While it may not be the prettiest key stone of all time it should still hold fine. You won't really be able to see it fo the most part unless you are looking for it. I think that you would do far more damage than good if you tried to change things.
        I agree with a "first do no harm" approach. However I'm very curious what you and other experienced members would think of taking a grout float and some home brew to this.
        - George

My Build
        https://community.fornobravo.com/for...mente-ca-build

Comment

It will just bridge over only partially filling the gaps and will just make a mess. If you do anything, point the gaps.
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I have to agree with Gulf. Although i would be tempted to just leave it alone. Any thing you put up there may fall off through the repeated heat cycles. With where it is at it may fall on your pizza when cooking.

Comment

Actually, I think that pointing (if it is done correctly) will hold up fairly well. But, it ain't easy laying on your back pointing over head. Every crum of mortar that doesn't stick will be in your face. If you don't already have a face sheild, one may be hard to find right now.
              Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Gulf that is the understatement of the year. There is no toilet paper or cleaning supplies anywhere. And i believe that they have diverted all masks and face shields to health care facilities.

Comment

Working...
                X