Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta
    replied
    Yes well from construction manager to chef, will obviously need lots of lubricant

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied
    G’day
    You know the rules now..... never trust a round pizza......
    regards Dave

Leave a comment:

• MarkJerling
    replied
    Great work! First pizza is a major milestone!

Leave a comment:

• Delta
    replied
    Success!!!
    First Pizza, kept it simple as I knew there would be new techniques to learn.
    Yes there were, Getting it on and off the peel....
    Anyway, to say that it tasted great would be an understatement.
    All of the cosmetic finishes can happen at a slower pace while I enjoy the new experience, well except for making a temporary door.
    I would like to take this moment though to thank the Forum and community for all the encouragement and support over the build process.
    It certainly has emboldened me to take on something that I didn't know I was capable of.
    Cheers
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Delta
    replied
    Bloody phone cameras....

Leave a comment:

• MarkJerling
    replied
    Looking good. Although I'm lying on my side writing this! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Delta
    replied
    Did my first cook on the weekend and then the third render, both went well.
    Now I am ready for a waterproof coat, what have all the other Aussie’s used?
    Cheers
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MarkJerling
    replied
    I don't think there's any harm in the render staying damp. If anything, damp is better, as it would help it cure better.

Leave a comment:

• Delta
    replied
    Thanks Mark,
    My second render coat also had some Lancrete 751 in it and I also bonded it to layer one with a coat of bondcrete, so I suppose I would already have a certain amount of waterproofing capability already so I could probably take the gazebo off now anyway?
    So maybe another 10 or 15 mm coat won’t hurt. Could alway apply in a couple of weeks even.
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• MarkJerling
    replied
    I would give it another layer or two. I'd aim for 30mm minimum. (But that's me, others may have a different view.)

Leave a comment:

• Delta
    replied
    I am eager to start to cook as well but my dome is not weatherproof yet so I cannot remove the gazebo.
    I am trying to decide whether to give it another render, the first two were not thick at all, I guess the total dept of render would maybe be 10 - 15mm?
    Or do I just unwrap it let it dry and paint it with a waterproof membrane with a colour additive.
    Trying to spend some time on the forum tonight to come to a decision.
    Got stuck on SBS on demand, the is a series on the food channel called “The Pizza Show”, interesting.
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Delta
    replied
    I think that may be more pressure than any of the other steps we have undertaken!
    Having to perform on the Big Stage without a rehearsal

Leave a comment:

• Hatzi
    replied
    Originally posted by Delta View Post
    Thanks Dave,
    Added them to the render regardless, seems to have worked ok.
    I now have a furry dome which may help the final colour coat stick better?
    mate... your furry dome looks fantastic

Daughter asked me today, can we start using the pizza oven yet. When i asked her why, she said dad you have two weeks, i would like to have my birthday party and use the pizza oven.

The pressure is now on!!

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    Originally posted by Delta View Post
    Hi Dave,
    Thanks for that.
    Attached is a photo of the fibres I have.
    I didn’t put them in the countertop, late afternoon pour and a high MPA blend which goes of quick meant I was just to rushed.
    I intend to add them to the second render coat tomorrow along with some Lancrete 503?
    So the countertop came out ok but I didn’t have enough time to pay attention to the bullnose which is what stands out like a third ball.
    I got a sanding disc from All Prep Equipment to see what it comes up like, 50 grit and if I kept polishing I think it would look good but am happy with what I got, the white marble chips sank a bit to much so I can’t see them, oh well.
    My real issue is that the bullnose needs a lot of filling.
    Can it be filled and recovered, or should I cut the bullnose off and have square edge.
    I think I will move on to get to a cooking stage and come back to the cosmetic decisions later.
    You can fill pinholes and voids, then wait a few days and polish. When you are satisfied with your result coat it with a concrete or stone sealer, which will retain the wet look. I first started with an orbital sander fitted with wet and dry paper and adding a minimal amount of water. It did work, but now I have a purpose made angle grinder with variable speed, good electrical cut off and a central water feed with diamond pads in various grades which Velcro on and off. A pretty good machine. My Mum once sanded back a home built concrete shower base with wet and dry paper by hand. It looked pretty good, but hours of elbow grease.
    I don't know Lancrete 503, I use Lanko 752, probably a similar product. If added to your render mix it will improve both workability and strength, but use plenty.
    Last edited by david s; 01-31-2021, 01:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Delta
    replied
    Thanks Dave,
    Added them to the render regardless, seems to have worked ok.
    I now have a furry dome which may help the final colour coat stick better?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X