Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil.B
    replied
    Had to make the right hand arch slightly lower to allow bricks to line up as the arch was wider.
    Last edited by Neil.B; 08-01-2020, 09:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Neil.B
    replied
    These old yellow bricks were a pain in the arse to lay. They are all slightly different sizes and some have slight bends. 330 for free so worth the aggravation.

Leave a comment:

• Neil.B
    replied
    Start of the brick work. Limited DIY bricklaying experience, so was very worried.
    Last edited by Neil.B; 08-01-2020, 09:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Neil.B
    replied
    Decking using second hand Cedar deck
    Last edited by Neil.B; 08-01-2020, 09:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Neil.B
    replied
    The begining
    Last edited by Neil.B; 08-01-2020, 09:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Neil.B
    started a topic East London pizza oven and grill

East London pizza oven and grill

Hi all,
    Like many on here I have been watching this forum for a couple of years and love the way the domes look from inside. I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post as there are so many sub-forums this post could be in.

I don't have any drawings of what I have planned as it's all in my head, but it's basically a 32" pizza oven, chimenea and 8' grill and smoker.
    I'm trying to build as cheap as possible, but without scrimping on quality. All my bricks/blocks have been for free. So far up to hearth level it has cost me about £120 for cement and sand.
    I finally ordered my fire bricks, ceramic blanket and clay powder they were delivered Tuesday, I collected the lime and kiln dried sand today.
    The fire bricks were new but on offer as end of range, so i bought all 177 of them as I can also use them in the grill/smoker area.. The fire bricks are huge they measure 300mm x 150mm and have a slight taper of 75/72mm.

Neil

Image: current progress 20/09/20
    Last edited by Neil.B; 09-20-2020, 06:57 AM.
Working...
X