No announcement yet.

Dogshark58 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely go with stainless steel for durability, and make sure you have good ventilation for the barbecue and wok.

Comment

Oven dome Insulation blanket

I had some difficulty sourcing Ceramic Fibre Board insulation for the oven floor. Thinking ahead for dome insulation blanket, I found a supplier offering SuperWool Plus", made from alkaline earth silicate (AES). Is this a suitable alternative from Ceramic fibre blanket?

The SuperWool product does appear to be safer in terms of handling and is not considered hazardous.

Comment

Morgan Superwool Plus is a variety of ceramic fiber blanket; I used that on my second oven. Works great--go ahead and buy that. As far as safety, they do claim that it is engineered to shed less fiber and dust, making it safer, but I wouldn't count on it and would still take precautions.
        My build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/3...-dc-18213.html

Comment

Good to know. Thanks for the prompt reply

Comment

Originally posted by rsandler View Post
            Morgan Superwool Plus is a variety of ceramic fiber blanket; I used that on my second oven. Works great--go ahead and buy that. As far as safety, they do claim that it is engineered to shed less fiber and dust, making it safer, but I wouldn't count on it and would still take precautions.
            Morgan Superwool unlike some previous generation of CFB, is biosoluble and has been exonerated as a possible carcinogen, but precautions as recommended by the manufacturer should be followed.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

David

i really like your idea for weep holes under the perimeter of the floor to vent steam from the CF blankets. Very novel. Do you have any photos of exactly how you do this?

Comment

I’m 1500 km away from home currently and don’t have access to my photos, sorry. I precast the supporting slab for my ovens and cast 4 holes around the perimeter which line up to the dome insulation as well as one in the centre to vent the underfloor insulation. These holes are12 mm in diameter and I glue a small piece of fibreglass insect screen over the top of each hole. It is a system that works remarkably well.
                Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
                X