Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The dreaded droop…..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JRPizza
    replied
    You are smart to ask! As I said in my thread - "avoid the droop" is not really advice! I tried to explain in the post below how I got my droop and I think if I built again I could prevent it from happening.

    I've been working on my oven for a little while and have been debating starting a build thread, as I probably won't have much to add in terms of artistry or inventiveness over the excellent work already posted on this forum. That said, I thought I would share what I have done and hopefully continue to get

    Leave a comment:


  • mongota
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeD55 View Post
    Any suggestions on how to combat this?
    Start with the correct placement of the arch within the dome as Gulf mentioned.

    When building the arch, cut your arch bricks so they coordinate with the geometry of the dome. See my link below, which is just one method. When setting the bricks, use an IT to set your bricks and don't use longer bricks when transitioning from dome-to-arch, across the arch, and then transitioning back arch-to-dome. Stay with the half- or third-sized bricks that make up the rest of the ring you are working on.

    There are a lot of examples of cutting the arch bricks, find one that makes sense to you. Here's a link to a page where I described how I did mine. I had a difficult time envisioning this during the planning of the build, but once it was all in front of me, it made sense:
    https://community.fornobravo.com/forum/pizza-oven-design-and-installation/pompeii-oven-construction/18881-mongo-s-42-ct-build?p=392414#post392414

    Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=406948&d=1529107703&type=medium.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.8 KB ID:	469221



    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • Gulf
    replied
    It begins in the planning stage, studying some of the builds that covered the terms of "proper "arch placement" fore and aft. Once that is determined, study some of the builds that have the terms "dreaded droop".

    Leave a comment:


  • MikeD55
    started a topic The dreaded droop…..

    The dreaded droop…..

    Any suggestions on how to combat this?
Working...
X