• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTflorida
    replied
    Re: Shopping for parts

Imran,

I have no practical experience with these boards but I do know there are several manufacturers and just as many different compositions of materials used in them. That said, I know ken524 had problems with the brand he used due to breakdown from over exposure to water.
    I know the boards that James sells in the FB store have no issues...James went to great lengths to find a reasonably priced board with the right composition. The ALL tend to absorb water better than a sponge, some can breakdown, others merely need to dry out with no ill effects.
    Hopefully someone who has either researched them extensively or has used them will chime in with what they know......hang in there, someone will help set you straight.

RT

Leave a comment:

• ikhan42
    replied

Originally posted by egalecki View Post
    I didn't use them, so I can't help. Sorry.
    Thanks anyway.

Guess I will keep looking on the net for info on these boards.

All I have been told is that they break down into a powder if they get wet yet looking at some of the posts on here it is recommended to lay the boards on a freshly laid slab so I am very confused at the moment.

Imran

Leave a comment:

• egalecki
    replied

I didn't use them, so I can't help. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• ikhan42
    replied

Originally posted by ikhan42 View Post
    Hey guys and gals,

I am now shopping for the parts to build my the pompeii 41inch oven and have got quotes for all the parts and it totals about $1200 Australian dollors. My question is around the cal sil boards.

I have been advised these boards break down if they get wet, anyone shed some light on this subject. How does someone go about keeping them dry while building the oven. I am guessing the oven will need to be covered at every instant.

Imran
    No one has any comments on calsil boards ?

Imran

Leave a comment:

• ikhan42
    started a topic Shopping for parts

Shopping for parts

Hey guys and gals,

I am now shopping for the parts to build my the pompeii 41inch oven and have got quotes for all the parts and it totals about $1200 Australian dollors. My question is around the cal sil boards.

I have been advised these boards break down if they get wet, anyone shed some light on this subject. How does someone go about keeping them dry while building the oven. I am guessing the oven will need to be covered at every instant.

Imran
Working...
X