X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebar cage for thew dome

Hello,hello.
    Did everyone built a cage over the dome???? I see many guys using chicken
    wire over the insulation blanket only, is the rebar recommended for the vault
    type only?
    If I were to build one do I have to go 1/2" or I can get away with the pencil type net rebar????
    Well, as usual thanks to all of you who take the time to answer this newbie's
    questions.
    Domo Arigato.
    From Kobe.

Re: rebar cage for thew dome

Hi Masako,

I used chicken wire to hold the insulation in place and installed a 'stucco' coat directly on top of the insulation. I did not use rebar in my installation.

The results are; the oven works great; the 'stucco' has lots of spider web cracks through out the stucco (I think this is more a problem of using and incorrect 'stucco' product); and the structure is strong and stable.

I have seen pictures here on the Forno Bravo site that show people using the rebar.

So I think this is another situation where either answer is correct, if you want to use rebar, your structure will be stronger, but you can build the oven without the rebar and expect a great performing oven...

Sorry this is not a direct 'yes' or 'no' response...

JED

Comment

Re: rebar cage for thew dome

Originally posted by Masako Morishita View Post
      Hello,hello.
      Did everyone built a cage over the dome???? I see many guys using chicken
      wire over the insulation blanket only, is the rebar recommended for the vault
      type only?
      If I were to build one do I have to go 1/2" or I can get away with the pencil type net rebar????
      Well, as usual thanks to all of you who take the time to answer this newbie's
      questions.
      Domo Arigato.
      From Kobe.
      I used 3/8" because I could not find the pencil rebar. If it's available - use it, it will make life a lot easier.

Les...
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Working...
      X