Pics of my Pompeii oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my Pompeii oven

I have posted pictures of my oven from ground breaking to mural painting here on Flickr. This forum has been a great help throughout the whole process. For anyone contemplating building a brick oven I can attest to the fabulous pizza you will be creating! Our oven is now the anchor of our social life. Most weekends in the summer and many times in the winter we are providing pizza for friends and family.

Thanks to everyone for their help!. I will of course continue to provide feedback here to anyone who can profit from it. I just wish I could build another brick oven! We will have to wait until next time we move. :-)

Re: Pics of my Pompeii oven

Way to go Stiennon,

Isn't is great how everyone gravitates to the oven. It isn't just the great food, there's something about wood-fired cooking that is so cool.

Two little things. I didn't see a final photo of the front? Do you have one? The back looks great.

Also, if you get a chance -- anyone who has made a Flickr or Picassa photo journal of your oven, could you add a link back to Forno Bravo "url=http://www.fornobravo.com]Pizza Ovens | True Brick Pizza Ovens | Wood-Fired Pizza Oven[/url]". That will help anyone who likes your oven find us and it will help other folks discover wood-fired cooking.

Thanks!
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Beautiful work! What kind of stone did you use for the entry to the dome? Did you use steel reinforcement as well, or just the stone? I've been thinking that I'd like to do something like that instead of an outer arch and I'd love details.
      Nikki

Comment

Stiennon, Great build. I looked at the photos. I like the black concrete.

It's good to see yet another Michigan oven. We used to live in Berkley, MI before moving north. Great area.
        Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
        My oven build thread

Comment

The stone entrance is just firebrick. I clad the entire base in a California Grey Ostrich Slate that was popular at Home Depot five years ago.

The front of my oven is still exposed cement board. We are making special tiles to finish it. My wife is a potter and just happens to have a kiln. :-)

Great idea on posting links back to the FornoBravo site. Will do that right away.

Comment

Working...
          X