Refrax vs Heatstop 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Refrax vs Heatstop 50

Hey guys, I found a source for fireclay but I'm not sure which I should get. They have bags of 20 mesh Alsey and 30 mesh Cedar Heights. The 20 mesh is a bit more expensive so can I assume that's the better one?
    Shay - Centerville, MN

My Outdoor Kitchen/Pompeii WFO Build...

Comment

btw, my local supplier is pricing their ceramic fiber boards at $16 sq ft and 8# blankets $12 sq ft.. I guess I'll be ordering from FB.. I can't find ANYTHING cheaper locally.. sux..
      Shay - Centerville, MN

Comment

Shay,
        Try looking again. There is a supplier here in Omaha. The fiber board at something like $3/ sq. ft. and blanket was about $75 for 50 sq. ft. 1". Plibrico is the name of the local business.

I thought the best price on firebricks was $1.75 until I called this place. Their price was $1.29. They may have a location in the Minneapolis area. Plibrico. ( try an internet search)

Lars.
        This may not be my last wood oven...

Comment

Lars, do you have any specs on the board and blanket? For that price I might see if they'd ship it. There isn't a location near enough to drive to.
          Shay - Centerville, MN

Comment

Did you have a look at the site?

I know they do REAL high industrial heat products. I just got enough blanket to do the upper half of my dome ( kind of under insulated below my hearth bricks, so I decided to do just 4" of vermic.port. up to about 10" up, the do blanket on the whole top and cap with vermiculite)

I will give him a call. That guy is in N. Dakota all the time, and they do all sorts of high temp things. He might know how you could buy in MN. Where is Centerville?

Not sure on the specs exactly, but he said they used to pay alot more ( for the board) and the price has come down. He's a really nice guy, 345 3223 John Finch ( territory manager)

Lars.
            This may not be my last wood oven...

Comment

I'm just north of the Twin Cities. I appreciate your help.
              Shay - Centerville, MN

Comment

Working...
              X