Woodheads WFO 42"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Woodheads WFO 42"

Glad the oven is coming along...............

But...that is one fine looking dog you got yourself there!!

Comment

Hey Wilson,

That face on the ball looks familiar. Lilly is doing great...she is an internet star at 9 weeks. Happy New year to you and your family!! Will post more pics tomorrow.

Comment

Alright, should be the keystone brick today. Not perfectly round but who will ever know once covered with Insulation!!!

Comment

Last brick for the dome is in...finally!!! Lots of cuts for the final few bricks but well worth it...started forming the second arch for the chimney...

Comment

Congrats, Looks good! I am right behind you and know what you mean about the last courses taking forever.

Mark

Comment

super nice! I love the sticky outy things!!!

Christo
              My oven progress -
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
              sigpic

Comment

Christo,

those sticky outy things are leftover cuttings of firebrick for bracing....kinda got lost towards the top so i had to do some shimming...plan on grinding them off but i was worn out today!!! Drinking beer and watching football!! i deserve a break....Excel....thanks for the complements...been watching your build...Looking good.

Woodhead
                Last edited by woodhead; 01-03-2009, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by woodhead View Post
                  Drinking beer and watching football
                  Hey - that's how I built my oven, you are destined for greatness

Les...
                  Check out my pictures here:
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Was just having fun with the sticky outy things.

Be careful grinding on the shims - the grinder can be make pretty hard vibrations on your dome.

Most of the shims don't look that big. You might consider cutting the overly tall ones with a diamond blade and cover the rest with insulation.

Christo
                    Last edited by christo; 01-05-2009, 07:39 AM.
                    My oven progress -
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
                    sigpic

Comment

...so WOODHEAD... Did you leave the new owners of the house a "nice, finished oven"??

Hope the new town is treating you well. Glad your now a Georgia Boy, just like me!!

Comment

Matter of fact, just got back to Jax beach a little while ago....the oven aint done yet, hopefully can do some work this weekend....Hope all is well in Savannah

Comment

Hey woodhead,

Fellow WFO builder in Jville. Curious, where did you get your firebrick? And did u mix your own mortar or get premix? I am getting ready to start on the firebrick floor and dome. Currently, stuck waiting for the slab to cure. Sorry to hear you have to move on.

Joe
                          Last edited by g8rjoe; 01-28-2009, 10:27 PM. Reason: pic was too large

Comment

joe,

i got my firebrick at cemex in st. augustine across from the entrance to palencia. they also had the firebrick sand. follow my thread concerning where i got the lime. everything else i got at home depot.

what part of town are you in? i come home every other weekend, would love to check out your build.

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm far from you. I'm in the old Avondale area. It would be a trek for you! But if you don't mind, I'm glad to exchange ideas. Hit me up on the private messages. I'm up to the hearth now and ready to dome it. It's going fairly well. Although my wife hates the mess I'm making.

I'm looking at a refractory materials company called Atlantic Firebrick in Baldwin for some 2000deg med/high firebrick at around 1 dollar. They also carry ceramic blankets and refrac mortar. I'm sort of questioning whether the brick rating is too high duty and thus take too long to heat up the dome. On the other hand, the oven have a bit more thermal mass and will crank for hours.

thanks for the Cemex tip. I will call them.

Comment

Cool.

I love you fish pic. That doesn't look like an East coast fish. Looks like a salmonid. What the heck is that hog?

I did a tour in the Navy at Jax. I lived off Doctor's Lake. Don't miss it a bit! I like a few hills in the distance!

Nice build. I'm still catching up. If Les and Christo like it, then it's better than I could ever hope to do.

Can you put me up for the TPC?

Kidding of course!
                                G.
                                GJBingham
                                -----------------------------------
                                Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Working...
                                X