X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dino_Pizza
    replied
    Re: Dino's 42" Pizza Oven Starts

OK, I've come accept and love my "pointy-bits" and will leave them be. They're kinda cool looking in the pics.

I've finished ROW 8. These are my 1st almost "vertical" bricks. With 2 people it's not hard to do. 1 just has to hold 2 bricks while I mortar the 3rd and by then they are holding fine. My 9th row will be only 22 3rd cut bricks (LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!!!)

I'm running out of my 4th bag of Refmix so I decided to make the extra angle cuts to reduce the mortar to make sure I had enough for these rows.

And Elizabeth is correct: I've got worry about what to do for a door. So many of you had extra ceramic insulation board to play with and make a door built with that sandwiched between other materials but I have non left.

Leave a comment:

• egalecki
    replied

Unless you stick your head inside a lot, you really do forget they're there. You're just so glad it works well and it's such fun to use, the flaws in construction just sort of fade...

And this is coming from one who did no extra cutting, so I have some real "pointy spots"!

And besides, when he's finished with the dome, then there's the door to consider... I spend much more time these days plotting about a new door. The handles came off mine..

Leave a comment:

• geisen
    replied

But Dino will Know they are there

Leave a comment:

• Ken524
    replied

The pointy bricks aren't going to hurt anything. You won't see them, you won't feel them, you'll forget they're there in 3 months.

If you go after them with a grinder, you risk vibrating stuff loose. Your mortar is still very fresh. I wouldn't mess with them.

Leave a comment:

• Dino_Pizza
    replied

Good point Greg, I just might do that a tiny bit. Thanks, Dino

Leave a comment:

Working...
X