X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jrparks
    replied
    Re: Dino's 42" Pizza Oven Starts

Nice work Dino! Soon you'll be enjoying pizza with your wine!
    Cheers,

Leave a comment:

• smuth10
    replied

Dino, your oven looks great. Regardless of how you get there, I am of the opinion the whole idea is to keep a whole lot of heat in a small area for an extended period of time. The end result being food cooked in a way that few others could reproduce. I am only about half way there, but judging by the pictures I have seen on this forum, the food that comes out of these is second to none. Keep up the good work, you will be cooking in no time. I can't wait to pull that first loaf of bread out of my hearth.
    Last edited by smuth10; 05-16-2009, 08:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Modthyrth
    replied

Absolutely beautiful! That oven is a work of art.

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Looks great! Feels good to plug that hole up, doesn't it? Now - for the hard work.

Les...

Leave a comment:

• bbell
    replied

Congrats! Looks great.

Leave a comment:

• mfiore
    replied

There it is!

Great build, Dino! Now it's time to pull some other types of corks. Looks perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Dino_Pizza
    replied

I've finally cut my keystone. It's a double cork style. I never thought this day would come, and not a minute too soon! Here's pics of how I cut it and it exposes how off my dome got at the top. The inside looks fine, I'll post after I clean it up. thanks, Dino

Leave a comment:

• Dino_Pizza
    replied

David, you noticed the Sketchup guys couture is updated in Sketchup 7! I drew this up yesterday after Google released the update.

Mike: we've got the same idea for the oven enclosure design? OK...Either great minds think alike or we follow each other off a cliff. I'm hoping you do everything 1st so I can copy you .

Francis: good thing you were able to pick up on the "good" ideas of your husband. He may have wanted "more colour" but I've got a feeling the designs' expression is all yours. My partner & I have had "lively" arguments on the inner arch to outer arch angles as they flair out over the landing and how I planned to make the turn from the side-wall vent landing to the curved part above. I just "NEW" he was wrong, not understanding the complexities of it, but turned out it was me who overreacted & couldn't see how simple it worked. It does help to have another pair of eyes and an open mind to "other solutions" for solving problems. Come to think of it, this forum plays the same part. I couldn't have done anything like this without it. -Dino

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

Originally posted by Dino_Pizza View Post
    have you ever noticed how you think your oven should look or be built one way and your spouse has a totally different idea?
    And not just the oven either... Look at it this way, its all just another part of the building process.

My first idea for mosaics would have been twirly bits but using all natural stone materials, so a lot more muted. Then my husband said he wanted some colour on it... so I'm going, hmmmm ok, lets see if I can put some colour in there somewhere. And in hindsight it would have been a real pity if he had agreed with my first idea!

Leave a comment:

• mfiore
    replied

Hey, Dino. Thanks for making a sketchup of my future oven!!

No, seriously, I tried to use the program, but it took too long. I resorted to pad and paper. Your sketchup is almost identical to what I had in mind.

Leave a comment:

• dmun
    replied

Hey!

Sketchup guy got a real shirt!

Leave a comment:

• Dino_Pizza
    replied

Thanks Francis, I'm going home now to take pictures of how to cut an extremely uneven dome plug and see if helps anyone else.
    Also, I did a sketchup of what I think my finished oven may look like. But have you ever noticed how you think your oven should look or be built one way and your spouse has a totally different idea?

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

Originally posted by Dino_Pizza View Post
    I've started trimming my bottom half of the dome "plug" and as soon it's trimmed up, I'll post a pic.
    Yes, please do... I turn the computer on each day expecting to see your keystone in place, it'd be such an anticlimax and very unfair if you didn't post the pics!

Leave a comment:

• Dino_Pizza
    replied

Nikki, your post reply is perfect! It's exactly how I feel. But Greg is right, "Fatto a Mano" is a great motto. I've started trimming my bottom half of the dome "plug" and as soon it's trimmed up, I'll post a pic.

I just found out this morning that my Link Below to my Picasa Web Album linked only to my 1st folder, the base construction. So I've changed the link so it contains all 3 folders of pics. The last folder has where I'm at now and features more oven construction details and more cat too. Cheers, Dino

Leave a comment:

• geisen
    replied

mluttropp:
    For brick angles and arches there is an inexpensive tool and software ($10?) available at HD in the tools section called the Angelizer. Takes all the guess work out of the arch cuts. See my thread for pictures.
    Regards
    Greg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X