Starting the build on Monday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting the build on Monday!!

I am pretty excited. I am blessed to have a mason who lives across the street. He is going to build my oven according to the plans here from this site. I am going for the 42" oven.

I went to the brick place today and got the materials. We used the list on the plans and I nearly fainted at the total, but I guess that's what I get for living in California. It came to $1300.00 for the materials.

I couldn't wait to post here and tell everyone. I will take pictures as I can. If you have any tips at all now that it is happening, please, please let me know.

Ellie
    Last edited by Ellie; 01-25-2009, 11:56 AM.

Re: Starting the build on Monday!!

Oh Boy!

Another new oven! I spent the same amount on of money on my oven, and I provided the labor. So it seams like a big number, but in the greater scheme of things, it is reasonable.

There will be unexpected problems along the way, but know there is a solution to every problem! Just a little time thinking about the solutions, and there is an opportunity in every question.

I look forward to your pictures and questions.

You are sure to have pizza by spring.

JED

Comment

Thanks, Jed and that does make me feel better about supplies. He says he will be done in 10 days or a little more!!! So, pizza will be before Spring, isn't that exciting?

Ellie
      Last edited by Ellie; 01-25-2009, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Hi Ellie,
        it is great to see your enthusiasm for an oven. No matter what it costs, you will get the value out of it and with your existing outdoor entertainment area, it will add value to your property.
        You can always do a little laboring : ie. that is carrying the bricks and not having the baby, as I became a grandfather again last Friday to another delightful grand daughter!
        Incidentally, where did you decide to place your 42" Pompeii?

Neill
        Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
        Neill’s kitchen underway
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Hi Neill, congratulations on the granddaughter! I have 6 grandkids now so what a pizza party we'll have.

I decided to put the oven where you drew it out... that is adjacent to the current kitchen. It will be facing the existing patio. It will be a corner build and will have 4 ft. of counter to the left and 3 ft. to the right. On the right, it will have an old fashioned barbecue grill, the kind that usess charcoal or wood.

He is coming this morning to get started on the footings so he can pour on Monday. I wasn't really ready to do this yet as far as research, but it worked out.
          Ellie
          Last edited by Ellie; 01-25-2009, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Good on you Ellie.
            It is great to see the women really getting things done especially on such large and demanding projects. So much is bu the men and good the see Francis, Elizabeth (and other that I can't pull out of my brain at short notice).
            Just keep us up to date with the pics and we might even be able to help guide your decisions during the build.
            I think that you have put as lot of thought into this and have as they say, "bitten the bullet".
            Are you going to (at a later stage maybe) include a vine covered pergola, adjacent to your covered outdoor kitchen for your relaxing/eating area?

Cheers.

Neill
            Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
            Neill’s kitchen underway
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Working...
            X