How many fire bricks for a 32" oven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many fire bricks for a 32" oven?

Using a CAD program, I was able to determine an approximate number of 2.5 x 4.5 X 9 ("whole") firebricks needed to build the dome. This figure assumes approximately 6 firebricks used for the front opening; the rest of the opening and vent and chimney built using other materials.

Assuming the dome is built of 4.5 X 4.5 X 2.5 bricks, you would need approximately 75 WHOLE bricks to build the oven.

Assuming you want to get fancy, and cut trapezoids for the last 3 or 4 chains, the number of WHOLE bricks would be about 90.

This does not include the floor, nor does it account for damage/waste, etc.
    It's just my estimate.

Any thoughts?

- Fio
    Last edited by Fio; 05-16-2006, 05:30 AM.
    There is nothing quite so satisfying as drinking a cold beer, while tending a hot fire, in an oven that you built yourself, and making the best pizza that your friends have ever had.

Bump - I answered my own question (Note how my current plan has again changed - I've decided to max out on space utilization and go for a 35" dome).
    There is nothing quite so satisfying as drinking a cold beer, while tending a hot fire, in an oven that you built yourself, and making the best pizza that your friends have ever had.

Comment

Working...
    X