Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central California 42" Pompeii

Hi Guys and Gals,

Here is the link to pictures of our build. We finished the dome yesterday. Thanks to all for sharing your journey of the brick oven. I hope ours might add a little to the knowledge base here at Forno Bravo. Thanks again.

Brick Oven

Re: Central California 42" Pompeii

Hi Jon
    Great job and thank you for posting the link to the album. It's going to make my build a little bit easier going forward.
    Larry
    Last edited by larrya1049; 03-28-2009, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Jon,

Great job, both on the oven and on the presentation. Your pictures tell a great story on putting together a WFO.

How will you finish the dome? And when do you start your curing fires?

JED

Comment

Looks great Jon. Very clean!
        Bill

Oven Build: https://goo.gl/photos/rN6FhFSS2jzwfQuB7

Oven cooking: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1vmPg7XXSbMwhdnD6

Comment

Originally posted by Jed View Post

How will you finish the dome? And when do you start your curing fires?

JED
          Hi Jed,

I am trying to be patient on the curing fires. We are trying to slow the curing process. We finished the capstone on Wednesday so would like to wait for at least a week. I am a complete novice on understanding masonry but read somewhere that at least a week would be good. I don't totally understand the science behind this myself.

As far as the finish on the dome at first i thought i would build a frame and stucco that hides the dome. I dont think domes in general are that pleasing to the eye but we are going to finish the dome with stucco and ceramic tiles imbedded in the stucco. I dont have a total picture in my minds eye on how it totally looks yet but just like the idea that it will be colorful and fun.

Thank you for the kind words.

jon

Comment

Jon,

It is a test of patience to go slow through the curing fires, and to postpone starting the curing fires for at least a week... But it is best for the cement involved.

Keep us posted on your next steps!

JED

Comment

Working...
            X