SC Chris's 42" WFO build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SCChris View Post
    I've been absent from the board for awhile and this is the current view of the backyard.
    The oven is now getting more use after sitting idle for sometime.
    It appears that this year is likley to include many pizzas, roasts and loaves.

Chris

Very nice! I saw your thread a few years ago an really enjoyed reading it especial when you said your FIL was coming in as a belated 80th birthday gift. How did that go I bet he loved the oven. It looks really amazing...the whole backyard is amazing. Good luck going forward and happy cooking.

Ricky

My Build Pictures
    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

• Dino, the sourdough loaves were not from the wfo, but I'll be including these in the mix since the cooldown provides the opportunity.
      Ricky, the 80th went well, and thank you!.
      I have dinners schedualed for the 8th and the 22nd, so I'll include a few pics of the area in use.

Chris

Comment

• Hi Chris,
        Nice sourdough loaf. We just finished curing our new Pompeii 42" build and we made pizza this past Sunday using sourdough pizza dough. We were amazed how much better sourdough comes out in a WFO. I am firing the oven up tomorrow for pizza again and am in the process of refreshing my starter so I am going to try baking some free form sourdough loaves in the WFO. I am thinking of using soapstone for my vent landing like you did. How has it held up over the years?
        Harry

Comment

• Sorry for the late reply Harry, I swapped the soapstone for granite mostly due to the soapstone's ability to transfer heat, it's great at convection. I created a small heat break between the landing and the oven floor, this was a real plus for my oven. The landing is a natural for something easier other than firebrick to clean and it's highly recommended to at least consider. I love the soapstone, but the granite worked out better for me in the end.

Best to you!!
          Chris
          Last edited by SCChris; 08-09-2021, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X