Getting Closer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Closer

The weather is trying not to cooperate with us. It seems like every other day we get a spot shower. We have 72 hrs up to this point. Work on hte oven starts when we get home from work and goes till dark. Clean up always invloves a cold one to replenish the fluids. We put in the 3rd to last course last night and over the weekend layed out the front and started laying bricks once a course is done. We don't want to sit around and waste time. This has really become an obsession (good one). I bet if there was a WFOBA (Wood Fired Oven Builders Annonymous) there would be lines out the door. It is really a lot of fun. The one thing we don't want to do when we finish the dome is to rush the curing process. After this obsession the best one is still to come......eating.
    G

Re: Getting Closer

Looking good! You will be eating in no time. You are right, don't rush the curing fires.

Also, you seem to have plenty of wood! That is quite an impressive collection of nicely cured wood in the background of your second photo!

Drake
    My Oven Thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Thank you. We have all seasoned oak. We are going to have a lottery to see which piece of wood gets the privilege of being the first.
      G

Comment

I am in Connecticut as well, wondering where you get your oak wood from?

Jim

Comment

Jim,
          My brother and I built on lots that have nothing but oak and we kept it split and dry for evreytime we felled a tree.
          we have enough to keep us in pizzas for a while. What you may want to do if you don't have your own source is ask around and see what freinds/family etc are cutting trees down and want it removed. It's cheaper if they get rid of the wood then haveing the tree surface do it. They can even have the tree service cut it in longer movable lengths, which would save them some money, and let you go in and cut it up the way you want.
          G

Comment

Working...
          X