Dome concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dome concerns

I'm the one who used Greenpatch 421 for the dome mortar, which was not the mortar of choice according to this forum. I have been assured by the place I bought it, (many times over) that it is great stuff, and used all the time for pizza ovens, and will be fine. It all looks really good so far, however on the outside of the dome the mortar looks like a bad case of scabies. Should I now cover this peely stuff with refmix? Would that help anything, and ease my mind? I'm having an anxiety attack over this! My husband tells me, "If it doesn't work, we'll have a really cute structure to look at." I want "cute," but I also want it to work.

Re: Dome concerns

my only thought is that as long as the greenpatch is completely dry,,,, I dont think it could hurt to "stucco" it with refmix or heat stop, I certainly would call the manufacturer of greenpatch and ask if they have a tech department to answer your concerns.....

Comment

Re: Dome concerns

The outside of the dome? You won't see the outside of the dome once you insulate.
      I don't see any reason it won't work: there are lots of funny looking ovens out there that work like champs.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Working...
      X