Wet saw clay residue....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet saw clay residue....

The clay-like (is it fireclay?) residue in the tray of the wet saw, can't I just spread that into the oven floor to fill cracks?

Re: Wet saw clay residue....

its the residue from cutting fire bricks,,, Do you have big cracks in the oven floor or just spaces between the bricks ?? I have space between some briicks and they fill with ashes quickly, I suppose you could use a fire clay slurry as well Im sure someone else here will have a better answer on that
    Mark

Comment

I have some small spaces and some bigger than I'm happy with. (This was a lesson in the irregularities of brick.) I understand that ashes will do the job but I guess I'm wondering what to do with all that brick residue. It has to be good for something. Would be a shame to just toss it. So as long as there's no reason not to, I might as well incorporate it into the floor, right? What have others done with this? It's not straight fire-clay, is it?

Comment

Im sure it would be fine to mix a slurry and pack it into the cracks, I just wanted to make sure you were using fire brick residue and not just any residue from the saw, After its dried, Ive seen many of the orum members sand their floor where they had unlevel bricks, So if you over patch, just sand it down and "smootho" I dont know what grit or type of sandpaper was used so I would love to hear what some of you guys did
        Good luck and put up some oven pics for us to see
        Mark

Comment

I need to sand a bit anyway just for some unevenness. Someone suggested 40 grit for the sandpaper.
          I'm working on pics. I work alone and mostly when no one else is at home and as I don't stop to actually take any pics while I'm working, I wait till the end of the workday. Unless my wife snaps a few from time to time. I just haven't posted any yet. Soon.
          Thanks
          Kim

Comment

Working...
          X