No announcement yet.

Scrap Insulation Board - reuse/recycle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrap Insulation Board - reuse/recycle?

I've cut out my FB insulation boards and have some big scraps left over. I noticed some threads of larger ovens who felt they were a little short with using 3 full FB boards. If anybody is in that boat, I'd be more than willing to ship out my scraps. Otherwise, does anyone know what the best way to recycle or dispose of this stuff properly?

All boxed up and ready to ship out.

Re: Scrap Insulation Board - reuse/recycle?

Did you save enough to make a door ?

Comment

I agree, definitely save enough for a door (or two) If no one takes you up on your generous offer, consider using it to insulate your flue. I used a few small pieces cut in half through the thickness (with a hand ripsaw) around the upper part of the flue where I ran out of insulation blanket. The rest of the scraps just got thrown in with the loose vermiculite fill insulation. So I know where to find some if I ever need it, I didn't want to just throw it away.

Doug

Comment

I was going to go with a stainless flue.

I'm not sure what I'm doing for the door, but I'm leaning toward a thinner door and not having to encapsulate this ceramic foam. Has anyone used this in a door sandwich?

Its already boxed and I'm willing to ship it. The FB forum users have been more than generous with their time that I figure if someone can make use of it - all the better.

Comment

Working...
        X