Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress

We've made a little progress since my last posting. We poured the hearth today, and boy are my arms tired! Here are some of our pictures. Looks like we've finished the science and are moving into art.

Need some help here! I attached three pictures, but must not be doing it correctly.
    Last edited by El Puaco; 06-24-2006, 10:07 PM. Reason: Can't see attachments
    Mike
    "The road of excess leads to the Palace of Wisdom."

Concrete is heavy huh?
    Pictures have to be smaller than 100kb in order to upload them...

Drake
    My Oven Thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Thanks Drake,

We'll try the incredible shrinking picture deal and resubmit.

Mike
      Mike

Comment

Little photos

Mike,

How's the oven coming? Let me know if you need any help posting photos. If it would help, you can email them to me, and I can shrink them and post them. We can get the first few up here, and worry about how to save your photos under 100k later.

James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Littler photos

James

Were still working on the reducing technique. My wife is the techno-geek at our house and she's been out of town for a couple of days. Now that she's back in town we can try again on the reducing software. If that doesn't work quickly enough I'll take you up on the offer to have you reduce them.

I've found fire brick at Mutual Materials (brick manufacturer.supplier) in the Seattle area for $0.97 each. I'm going to buy enough for the floor this week and get that well underway by the end of the weekend. I sent you a note by email asking about some info on ordering some of the accessories that you have offered to sell.

In any case I'm anxious to post my recent success pictures. I'm staying pretty close to the center stripe on my oven. Mutual Material also has quite a line of cultured stone/rock and I'm leaning toward a "stone house" look with a either a tile roof or a metal roof.

More later,

Mike
          Mike

Comment

Progress...Pictures are in!

The IT manager is back and she says it wasn't so difficult! Here are the pictures from last weekend's pour.

James, what's the purpose of the insulating board? Does it replace what I just did, or is it in addition to the perlite/cement hearth?
            Mike

Comment

Perfetto

Where would we all be without the IT department (having spent too many years in computers)?

It looks like you have poured a two layer hearth, that has a layer of vermiculite and portland cement. Your craftsmanship is great. Complimenti. If that is right, you have already built the insulating layer into your hearth. For future builders, the new "under oven" insulator replaces the vermiculite layer.

Saluti.
              James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
              X