advice on insulation, door and chimney pipe wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on insulation, door and chimney pipe wanted

Well, I am ready to order the insulation for my oven. But I need advice. I am not sure that I want to "house" the oven, you know, with framework and bricks or siding. I think I just want it to be dome shaped.
    I think I want to stucco it - is that advisable in north eastern Kansas?
    I would actually like to do some mosaic work on it.

How much insulation - should I do part blanket? all Blanket? All vermiculite, part vermiculite?

How about the door? What's the best way to get a door? Materials? wood? Metal? insulation?

And the chimney? It just seems that it's awful expensive to order the chimney pipe from forno bravo...but what's the best thing to do?

Thanks for answering these questions that I know are in this forum somewhere, but I just don't want to take the time to look!
    ha ha

Cecelia

Re: advice on insulation, door and chimney pipe wanted

Cecilia,
    It all depends on what your chimney is made from and what you want it to look like finished!
    If it is a steel flue, you could put some superwool blanket around it and sheath a larger stainless or decorative cover over it, wrap it in chicken wire and plaster it with vermiculite cement (BUT then you will have to waterproof it as it will deteriorate with moisture).
    If it is brick, then you won't have to insulate it at all.
    There are many postings/threads on doors so do a search
    I just don't want to take the time to look!
    This is the best way as you will see the range of previous responses rather than the few who might take the time to repeat again, their information!
    It just seems that it's awful expensive to order the chimney pipe from forno bravo...but what's the best thing to do?
    Don't skimp on the final finishing touches. You have come so far and it would be a pity to spoil it all for say $50 to $100! Always look for alternatives but then you often have to compromise.

Neill
    Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
    Neill’s kitchen underway
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Re: advice on insulation, door and chimney pipe wanted

You are right, Neill - I should take the time to browse.
      I will, I promise.

Thanks,
      Cecelia

Comment

Working...
      X