Eric's WFO build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric's WFO build

I finished the insulation layer yesterday, its all covered up with a tarp because it is raining. I covered the entire stand with perlcrete, mainly to cover up my very bad job of concrete finishing on the structural layer. It will all be covered up at the end, but I didn't want to look at it for the next 2 months, it also gave me an extra inch of insulation under the oven.

Since I can't work on it today, I started thinking of the chimney. What is the recommended height for a 42" Pompeii chimney? I have seen 36 and 48 inch used; other than cost, why opt for the higher chimney?
    Eric

Re: Eric's WFO build

I have seen 36 and 48 inch used; other than cost, why opt for the higher chimney?
    The higher the chimney, the better the draw. I'd use the tallest chimney that doesn't look weird with your design.

And of course, your chimney needs to be two feet above any structure within ten feet.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Re: Eric's WFO build

I was also advised to go with a very long flue for best results and so installed a "double" standard length which comes out at about 3 metres (in stainless steel). I actually had no option with the length as I had to clear the roof of the outdoor area but it was a good outcome nonetheless. It has a great draw and I never get excessive smoke even when firing the WFO up. Go long if you can...
      / Rossco

Comment

Working...
      X