Indispensable Tool available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indispensable Tool available

If there is anyone who needs a well used, experienced (2 ovens built) indispensable tool, I have one available and will be glad to ship it to you.

Eric

Re: Indispensable Tool available

I need one but it will be a while before i start my oven. If some one needs it worse then me i'd be glad to let them have it.

If you have Paypal i'll pay for the shipping.

Comment

I received it before I started my slab or stand and held it for 5 months before I started using it. Why don't I see what the response is, if somebody wants it who has their foundation and stand built, then maybe you can get it from them, otherwise you are first in line.
      Eric

Comment

Sounds good to me. I'll need one eventually, i just didn't want to be greedy.

Comment

Eprante,
          My stand and insulation are complete. I have some patio paving to finish up, but will be embarking on my oven very shortly. If your indespensible tool is still available, I'd be honored to 'borrow' it and forward it on when I'm done.
          John

Comment

John,
            since you are just about ready to start on the dome you are the winner of the indispensable tool sweepstakes. I also have some very nice arch forms if you are planning on semicircular arch opening. We added 1x1 slats to the inner arch form to use the same form for the outer arch. You can look at my build thread to see them.

Metalman in Mississippi asked about the tool too, so when you are done with it check with him first to see if he is ready to use it. PM me with your address and I will ship it up, unless you are going to be in SD area in the next couple of weeks.

Eric

Comment

Yeah when your done with it GianniFocaccia id like the next shot at it. Your way closer to needing it right now then i am.

Thanks for the opportunity eprante.

Comment

Eric,
                I humbly accept your offer and would love to deploy such an experienced tool on my build! I have a college student who lives with us and is planning to visit her folks in downtown San Diego weekend after next. If she is able to make the trip I will ask her to stop by and pick up the indispensable tool and the semicircular arch form. Funny, I was giving this style of arch (different from my original design) serious consideration after seeing your and Kebwi's results, and now I'm sure I will make the change. If she cannot, maybe I can send you a check to cover the shipping.

Metal Man, you're next!

John

Comment

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing your build.

Jerry

Comment

I am currently in need of one--is it available for borrowing, or is it currently constructing another masterpiece?

Thanks!!

Claire

Comment

Claire,
                      The tool has been passed to Gianni Focaccia. This particular tool was made by Jim Gleim for the person who gave it to me. He may be willing to make you one,I think he is about to make a second oven( he moved). Send him a private message (jcg31).While you are at it check out his oven cam on his build thread, it is cool.
                      Good luck,
                      Eric

Comment

Claire,
                        Sorry for the late response. Once I am done with the I-tool I have promised to send it to Metal Man. Perhaps you two can connect?

Comment

I'd hate to see someone's oven build potentially be put on hold for weeks simply due to not having the I-tool.
                          While the clamping assembly of the I-tool is totally ingenious and makes brick laying very easy, putting together the tool itself gets a bit more involved than constructing a much simpler I-tool without the clamp. I noticed a good majority of the builders who built their own I-tool didn't use the clamp assembly, including myself.
                          My crude looking I-tool gave me a nice round dome. If you wedge your bricks they will stay put after a couple of minutes. You can then remove the I-tool from that brick and move on to the next brick.

The simplest looking I-tool I saw belonged to Eric's Minnesota Insanity oven build. If I were to build another oven I would make my I-tool similar to his. I would simply use one long threaded rod with a large tension nut on the brick end. The other end will pivot on a piece of plywood. The pivot end could be as simple as drilling a large hole in the plywood and simply letting the threaded rod pivot within the hole itself. Nice thing about this is that the rod pivots at the oven floor level. This I-tool would consist of just 3 parts.....threaded rod, tension nut, and plywood.

George
                          George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

I may be a little dense, but can someone enlighten me to what this essential tool is?...

Comment

Rojaws

At the top of the "Tools, Tips and Techniques" forum you'll see "Hendo's dome gauge -- nice idea " the third item down. This about covers it.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...idea-2573.html

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X