Manual Dough Sheeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Dough Sheeter

I found this video today, and it looks like a good dough sheeter to clone. But maybe just a single pass unit with a quick adjustment to get it to the desired last setting. I have read that it is taboo to take a rolling pin to the dough, but last nite I was using the FB "Perfect Dough by Weight" with added yeast, a little honey and olive oil. I got good results by rolling it to 1/8". The rolling pin did not smash out all of the air bubbles, because i had to dock the dough with a fork to keep the toppings on it while it cooked. Back to making a manual dough sheeter-- would hardwood be ok to use? What about schedule 80 PVC pipe? What sayeth the forum? And thanks for listening.

Piemaster :: Products - General Information
    Last edited by Jet_deck; 07-01-2010, 02:53 PM. Reason: typo

Re: Manual Dough Sheeter

I have decided to use the schedule 80 pvc pipe, 2" diameter. It will have 4 rollers (3 spaces) with the thickness set at 3/8", 1/4" and 1/8" (9.5mm, 6.5mm, and 3.25mm) Do these thicknesses sound ok? Thanks.

Comment

Hi There

Did you have any luck with making your own manual dough sheeter?

I'm very interested in making my own as well, but I just dont know where to start.

Thanks

Comment

Even if you wanted rolled pizza dough, I don't get the manual sheeter. Do you have three hands? Two people? I can see how you'd manipulate the dough into an electric sheeter, but cranking it and feeding it at the same time seems one operation too many.
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Jet,

Have you made the sheeter? Curious how you did? Plans?

I need lots of practice with throwing round pizzas, but my wife does a lot of baking and a sheeter would be a nice tool to add to her arsenal...

Thx.
          CB

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...-us-13256.html

Comment

Originally posted by Oven_Man View Post
            Hi There

Did you have any luck with making your own manual dough sheeter?

I'm very interested in making my own as well, but I just dont know where to start.

Thanks

Originally posted by countryboy View Post
            Jet,

Have you made the sheeter? Curious how you did? Plans?

Thx.
            I did get it finished a few days days ago... It is probably not the best in the world, but anybody should be able to recreate it themselves. I met a guy from France (online) who has a very nice manual sheeter and I am going to build that one next. The blow by blow build is here : Manual Dough Sheeter
            Thanks to you for asking...
            Last edited by Jet_deck; 08-11-2010, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X