Log Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log Holder

I cobbled together a Log Holder with some scrap angle iron I had laying around...just made up the design. I haven't tried it yet, but like the concept of holding the fire from spreading out to open up more room on the cooking floor.

Anybody using Log Holders?
    Last edited by Grimaldi; 07-28-2010, 05:52 PM.

Re: Log Holder

I cant work out what its for?
    Dont you just heat the oven, then cook with no logs?
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I've seen a shallow metal barrier (like a single length of angle iron) used to keep embers from spilling onto the cooking area.

George
      George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

Brickie, don't you keep a live fire going when you cook pizzas? What I hope to accomplish with a log holder is to minimize the floor space occupied by the fire. What happens with me is the fire spreads out taking up about a 1/3 of the floor space (on a 40" diameter)...I'm hoping to hold the fire closer to the side and keep a hot fire with the flames spreading to the top of the dome. I'll see how that works out soon.

George, this was just quick attempt, I may make a couple more trying different designs (shorter, wider, more air space on the bottom, etc). This took me about an hour from start to finish with no out of pocket expense, so, no big deal either way.

Comment

"Dont you just heat the oven, then cook with no logs?"

I mostly fire the oven to temperature, let it burn down to coals and push the coals to the back of the oven. I never have to add more wood during cooking - even doing 20 plus pizzas.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil2 View Post
            I mostly fire the oven to temperature, let it burn down to coals and push the coals to the back of the oven. I never have to add more wood during cooking - even doing 20 plus pizzas.
            Same here..
            The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
            X