Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I install oven outside with door through a wall so it opens inside the house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I install oven outside with door through a wall so it opens inside the house?

We are doing a remodel, and I'd like to install a pizza oven, something like the Casa2G 32" oven. We have an outside wall near the kitchen, so I'd like to mount the oven on the outside. Has anyone done an installation like that? How is the door tunnel "extended" and placed through the wall so the actual oven stays outside and the chimney has room to clear the outside wall of the house? Does anyone have an ideas how to do an installation like this? Many thanks!

Re: How do I install oven outside with door through a wall so it opens inside the hou

Here's one construction project similar to what you want to accomplish:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...nity-8365.html
    George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

Re: How do I install oven outside with door through a wall so it opens inside the hou

There are two issues with an oven attached to, or in, a house. One is that the oven has to conform to building code, usually the code for masonry fireplaces, which means serious footers, a hearth in front of the oven, clearance to combustibles, and so forth. The other is that you need to vent the oven two feet above anything within ten feet, which usually means a long chimney. You may also have to supply an air intake, depending on how airtight your house is. The difficulty/expense of all of this depends on the flexibility and reasonableness of your building department, which varies by jurisdiction.

Good luck with your project.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Many thanks for the replies. I was hoping to build a platform outside the house on knee-braces that should be able to support the 6-700 lbs of the oven, run the chimney up along the side of the house so it clears the house, and make an opening in the existing wall for the door of the oven. It seems that the pre-made Forno Bravo ovens such as the Toscana or Casa2G series (32" ovens) have rather short "tunnels" that lead from the door into the oven. I would have to extent that "tunnel" at least 8-10" so it could penetrate the existing wall. Of course I would plan on building brick work around and below this "tunnel" to maintain a fire safe zone, but how would that longer "tunnel" from the door into the oven affect the oven's function?
        Thanks, Al

Comment

Working...
        X