Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saws

Carioca,

Good on you. Never tried the bow technique, but it's got to work. Mine's a Husqvarna 61, some 20 years old now. Paid about $900 CDN for it, and it's been worth every penny. Just did its first overhaul, a carb kit. Other than that, plugs, grease, bars and chains. Good tools, like a Stihl saw, just keep on getting better. It's an old friend now.

I'm with you.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Originally posted by dmun View Post
      The general rule is that if you use a tool every day you should have the best tool made by the hand of man. If you use it every month, you should have a good quality general tool, but if you use it only ocasionally you should buy the least tool that will do the job, or rent.
      Excellent advice.
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Shmear

Does the tools section encapsulate materials also? If so, I have a question. Does the Fefrax mortar hold as well as the heat stop? I want to keep my mortar joins at an eighth inch (just like my hero DMUN) and I'm all for the cream cheese consistency. Heat stop is willing to provide product placement mortar, but we have to pick it up from one of their suppliers in L.A. All of whom are mooks, none of whom have any in stock, or want to go out of their way to order us any in the time frame we would like. It'll be a couple of weeks till we get it, and I can't wait that long. I'm ready to drop the hammer on the Refrax if it will do a comparable job to Sir DMUN's incomparable mortar joins.

Comment

Nick and Refrax

Nick,

Call Tammy (800 407 5119) and we can make this work. Just don't put Refrax on your bagels.

Refrax is a wonderful refractory mortar (better than the domestics), and you will enjoy it. It's easy to mix, easy to work with, sets fast (but not out of control like home-mixed Calcium Aluminate mortar), sets hard, and is waterproof. It will enjoy the limelight, and your oven.

Still, I am not sure this is the right forum...

Salute,
          James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
          X