building oven on trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building oven on trailer

I am putting my new Casa2G oven together on a trailer with plenty of capacity. I need to raise the level of the foundation on which the oven will be built in a way that keeps it from moving around too much when moving. I am considering 6x6's on the trailer bed under the insulated oven foundation and floor. Any suggestions/ideas on this or in general?

Re: building oven on trailer

There are threads concerning trailering these ovens, do a search.

Myself, I'd take it to a steel fabricator and have him make a custom base with supports built-in. Also you need enough suspension to handle the weight of the oven when yo hit a pot hole. HTH
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

I did a few searches but couldn't find the answer, what do you think will hold the thing together?

Comment

My mobile sits in a steel cradle which in turn sits on a wooden trolley on 6 wheels. The steel cradle is secured to the trailer with chains and turnbuckles. Works for me, but my oven is less than 200kg. I pinched the weight from everywhere possible.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

There's a local company here in Sacramento that has a FB WFO on a trailer. I talked with him at a local farmer's market - and he told me that the guy who built his trailer is in Denver (I think). It rotates 90 Degrees so he can cook from the side. It's got quite a few miles on it - and the roads in Norther California stink.

Here is his oven on a trailer:

His website:

The Pizza Company Home

The owner, Michael Johnson, was apparently a Chef at the FB Expo 2011.

Comment

I can't figure out how to hold the segments together safely

Comment

Neither could I, that's why I cast it in one piece.
              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I think a steel banding machine would hold the segments together safely and strong but i just can't figure out how to secure my oven to the trailer?????????

Comment

Working...
                X