Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forno Bravo Oven set on a stand?

Hello to all,

My wife and I were drinking our coffee this morning and doing some brainstorming on how to start our wood-fired pizza oven business when the thought that maybe the oven can be set on some type of an approved stand instead of a trailer. Would this be possible? Has anyone tried this idea? Would it be cost effective vs. a trailer? Anyway... we hope that others can help us pursue or forget this idea.

Grazia,

Re: Forno Bravo Oven set on a stand?

I made my mobile oven small enough to roll on and off a trailer. The problem is in the mathematics. A 20% increase in diam. creates something like 99% increase in volume/mass. You could use two small ovens.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Forno Bravo sells a metal stand. Likewise you could get something similar welded up locally. It's nothing really portable, though, if that's your idea.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

This is my set up. I found 6 wheels better for even weight distribution and ease of loading and unloading.
        Last edited by david s; 02-10-2011, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Forgot to add, the stand unbolts and collapses flat.

Comment

Dmun.... Yes I have seen that one before..you are right...it does not seem to be very portable.

David,
            Nice rig you put together..How easy is it to load unto to the trailer?

Thanks guys

Comment

Backing the trailer up to the stand with the tailgate down in a vertical position, I do some fine height adjustment using the jockey wheel and it rolls straight on. I load it on and off on my own quite easily and collapse the stand then set it up at the required site then roll the oven onto it. I usually leave the oven on the trailer unless I need the trailer for something else.

Comment

Thanks David...... best of luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
                  Backing the trailer up to the stand with the tailgate down in a vertical position, I do some fine height adjustment using the jockey wheel and it rolls straight on. I load it on and off on my own quite easily and collapse the stand then set it up at the required site then roll the oven onto it. I usually leave the oven on the trailer unless I need the trailer for something else.
                  How far outside the box is that setup!!!

How old is the oven? Any (serious) cracks?

You should be proud of that
                  Lee B.
                  DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

The oven is about two or three years old. It has some cracks in the floor because I cast the floor in one piece. it also has some cracking in the supporting slab which is Hebel(aerated concrete) which I think was caused by my negligence when I forgot I was towing a trailer and I went over a speed bump too fast. The supporting slab sits in a steel cradle so it's ok anyway. The oven gets lots of use and I expect it to last quite a few more years.

Comment

love to see a video of you loading that puppy up.. they say a picture is worth a thousand words, a video must be a million!
                      My oven (for now):
                      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...ven-14269.html

Comment

Working...
                      X