Big favour required from a member in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big favour required from a member in the USA

Big favour required from a member in the USA.

I was going to buy the indoor thermometer for US$20 from the Forum Bravo store but the postage was going to be US$150 .

They want A$100 for the same thermometer here in Oz for some reason?

Is there anyone willing to buy and ship this to me in OZ, I can deposit money in a PayPal account.
    Door Thermometer for Wood Oven :: Thermometers :: Forno Bravo Store

Cheers, Al
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Re: Big favour required from a member in the USA

I haven't mailed your mason's toys yet, let me see if I can find one local. What is the high temp you want?

Comment

Hi Tom.
      Any where really in the high range 500, 600, must have centigrade though, I cant do Fahrenheit anymore..

I really appreciate your effort.
      Last edited by brickie in oz; 04-16-2011, 11:27 PM.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Brickie,
        An oven thermometer from Big W costs around $7 and is calibrated to about 325C but will go higher (off the scale) They are made from stainless and work extremely well for roasting and baking. Just place it inside your oven. It measures the temp where you want it. I tried a thermometer in the door and found it to be rather inaccurate in that it read rather lower than the temp in the centre of the oven. Also the probe sticking out on the inside is prone to damage when moving the door in and out frequently.
        Dave
        Last edited by david s; 04-17-2011, 02:23 PM. Reason: Thought of a bit more
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

email me ASAP....I have a friend who is leaving very soon for Australia....maybe she can take it and mail it when she gets there....
          btutt at roadrunner dot com

Comment

Brickie,

I brought a 200mm probe thermometer for my door 12 months ago online for $15.20 + $7 postage from Reliance Pacific in NSW. It only goes to 400'C but it has never got close to that when I put my door on. I normally put my door on after a couple of hours after making pizza when the fire has died down and the thermometer goes up to about 350'C.

Here is the web link to the one I bought 200 mm Short Probe Wood Fired and Gas Pizza Ovens Thermometer - Reliance Pacific
            Paul

Deficio est nusquam tamen vicis ut satus iterum
            (Failure is nothing but the opportunity to start again)

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

Ill wait and see what Tom turns up with in my parcel of brickie toys before I commit to anything else.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
              X