Extensive cracks inside dome of Forno Bravo Primavera oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extensive cracks inside dome of Forno Bravo Primavera oven

I've had my Forno Bravo Primavera oven for about two months, and I've noticed, that there are some extensive cracks inside the dome, look at the photos attached. I've curred the oven according to the instructions. Are these cracks harmfull?

Esben

Re: Extensive cracks inside dome of Forno Bravo Primavera oven

I'm having same issue... can someone please reply?

Comment

The impression I get just from reading around the forums awhile is that those cracks are on the side of "nothing to see here, move along." There are a lot of old threads where you can gauge the progress of a new oven by when the user starts to post about the cracks they're getting.

Somebody, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I have quite a few of those cracks and nothing has happened... yet.

Comment

All large cast refractory oven pieces are prone to developing minor cracks as the temperature rise and fall is uneven, resulting in uneven expansion of the material. The cracks will probably never get much worse and do not pose problems with the oven collapsing. There also appear to be quite a number of large voids on the surface which means there are likely to be similar voids in the middle of the walls. This is usually caused by insufficient vibration during manufacture.You should really address your problems to your supplier rather than seeking opinion via the forum.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I also have a refactory cast oven, although not a Forno oven. I too have cracks on the inside of my dome...both on the side and a couple on the roof, roughly the same size as yours. I asked my supplier about these and like he told me, concrete needs to expand, and as long as they are not too big, and you never get heat or smoke loss through the outer shell...you should be good. My dome is reinforced with steel so I know the dome wont fail, not sure about the forno ovens...but I think your safe.

Hope this helps

Scott

Comment

Working...
          X