Re: cutting curves in bricks/floor tile
If you gradually drag the face of the brick you are cutting across the blade at 90degree angle, you'll end up with a concave cut matching the outside diameter of your (10"?) blade. To match the more shallow arc of the interior of an oven, tilt the brick less than 90degrees.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
cutting curves in bricks/floor tile
Collapse
X
-
Re: cutting curves in bricks/floor tile
When I cut curves in plywood, I hold the blade about an 1/8" deep, and make multiple passes, successively getting a little deeper each time. But, I think Dmun has the proper method for something as hard as brick.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: cutting curves in bricks/floor tile
Can you use a grinder to smooth edges?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: cutting curves in bricks/floor tile
You cut a series of lines, then finish the curve by moving the brick along the edge of the blade. Internal (concave) curves, are a little more difficult but are done the same way.
Leave a comment:
-
cutting curves in bricks/floor tile
How do you cut curves/arcs in fire brick? Thanks, LarryTags: None





Leave a comment: